The CHAIMELEON project aims to develop a structured repository of health images and related clinical and molecular data on the most prevalent cancers in Europe: lung, breast, prostate and colorectal.
This EU-wide interoperable repository will greatly facilitate and contribute to the development and validation of AI tools for improved cancer management.
CHAIMELEON’s key objectives are to:
- Provide access to large databases in line with legal and ethical requirements
- Establish an EU-wide interoperable repository with quality-checked imaging data as a resource for developing and testing AI tools for cancer management
- Set up a distributed infrastructure building on existing initiatives
- Explore disruptive harmonisation approaches and provide an online processing pipeline for images harmonisation
- Implement online processing pipelines enhancing the integrity and interpretability of AI solutions
- Evaluate and validate the repository internally and externally
- Perform early clinical external validation of AI-based solutions
- Ensure the sustainability of the repository beyond the project runtime and build a large and active userbase